Dear Valued Patient,
The K Street Dental team hopes this letter finds you safe and healthy! We are excited to welcome you back! Our entire team is committed to your health and safety. We have safely reopened.
Every team member at K Street Dental wears N95 masks and faces shields for your safety. Infection control protocols have also been heighten. All high traffic areas in our facility will be cleaned and disinfected on a regular basis, including (but not limited to) door knobs/handles, bathroom surfaces and any other common-areas.
Our schedule has been booked solid for the past 3 weeks since we opened on 06/08/2020 so we are working towards adding more hours and staff to meet the demand of patients needing to take care of pending dental treatment and offer dental cleanings. We are so thankful and feel very blessed to have so many loyal patients and for the trust you have placed in us to take care of your oral health. An unhealthy mouth, especially if you have gum disease, may increase your risk of serious health problems such as heart attack, stroke, poorly controlled diabetes, and preterm labor.
Whether you have an appointment already booked for the near future or you prefer to wait a bit before you come in we want to provide you with an update. On your next appointment, to help protect patients and staff, you will notice the following changes and additional safety protocols:
• Screening questions will be administered by staff prior to the appointment via Docusign and immediately upon arrival for the appointment.
• Appointments may be rescheduled if a risk of patient transmission of illness is determined. If your temperature is higher than 100F you will be asked to reschedule.
• Check in will be done via email prior to the appointment. You will be asked to update medical history forms, provide insurance information, sign treatment plans and consent forms via email (docusign) prior to the appointment.
• We politely ask that you text us or call us when you are outside our office so we can open the door for you. Our door will be locked to prevent walk ins. USPS, Fedex, Amazon and UPS have been asked not to enter our facility to enforce social distancing.
• Please wear a mask or face covering to your appointment. Do not remove it until the doctor’s assistants ask you to remove the mask. Place it back on when the doctor is done and keep it on while you check out.
• We ask that anyone accompanying you to your appointment wait in the car or in the lobby of our building located on the first floor. Unless you need assistance by a caregiver or are a minor accompanied by one adult.
• Upon arrival your temperature will be recorded, and you will receive hand sanitizer.
• You will clean your shoe soles by rubbing them in a shoe cleaning tray with disinfectant solution and then drying them in a mat.
• You will then be escorted to the treatment area or in some instances ask you to momentarily wait in our reception area if there is no one else there. We will ask that you perform a 45 second mouth rinse with a hydrogen peroxide anti-microbial oral rinse upon entering the treatment room..
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
• We will have extremely limited seating in our reception area to promote social distancing measures. Only 2 people can sit in our waiting area and they must be 6 feet apart.
• We have acquired an external aerosol suction machine for procedures that will create aerosol. We apologize in advance for the extra noise, but research has shown that the process performed by this equipment extracts aerosols and creates cleaner surrounding air.
• Air purification with HEPA filter units throughout our office including bathroom and reception area.
• We have acquired UVC lamps that will be used at the end of each shift. CDC says “The UVC energy provides the most germicidal effect and calls Ozone “a powerful oxidant that destroys microorganisms. Both methods bring powerful disinfection to our practice. In certain instances when performing procedures that create a lot of aerosol it will be necessary to use the UVC light during the shift, once a treatment room has been disinfected with UVC light we will wait 2 hours for ozone to dissipate so it can be safe to enter the treatment room again.
• We have installed doors in every treatment room to control aerosol and for your protection.
• Plexiglass has been installed in all 3 administrative stations.
• Receipts/ walk out statements will be paperless and provided through email.
• Additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be worn by our staff (N95 masks and face shields) along with increased disinfecting of our reception and restroom area.
• A temperature check of our team members will be taken and recorded daily.
If you wish to book an appointment for a dental cleaning you may now do so online by clicking the Book Online button in the top right-hand corner.
Thank you for your patience and flexibility with these newly implemented safety measures. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to seeing you soon.
Please check our social media pages and google page for photos of the team in action and current pictures of the facility.
Your K Street Dental Family